On October 1st, ADL’s Northeast Division held a Walk Against Hate Information Session. For any additional questions, please reach out to email@example.com or check out the Walk Against Hate website at walkagainsthate.org.
Check Out our Walk Against Hate Toolkit!
Included in the toolkit are resources to help you grow your team, raise visibility, and make a difference in the fight against hate.
– Printable ADL Walk Against Hate posters to display why you are walking with ADL.
– Social media suggestions so you can encourage more people to #WalkAgainstHate.
– Education plans for schools and families that want to learn more about how to fight hate from home.
– Ways to participate other than walking.
– Fundraising tips to make it possible for ADL, with your support, to continue our work fighting antisemitism, racism and all forms of hate.
– Suggestions for personalizing your Walk page with photos and even videos to explain why you’re walking, and why your friends and family should join you.
– Details on incentives like the Walk Against Hate brandana, shirts and other ADL swag.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the Walk work?
A: This year’s Walk is virtual and culminates with a livestream celebration on Sunday, October 18th at 12 PM EST. You can participate however works best for you and that can include walking, running, biking, dancing or joining the conversation on social media. Participants from our Walk Information Session shared they are working to achieve 18 miles by October 18th or 3.6 miles on October 18th, they are taking a walking tour to an important memorial or civil rights monument in their area, and are sharing their efforts by using #WalkAgainstHate on social media.
Q: Is there a cost to register for the Walk?
A: No, registration is free. However, if you reach certain fundraising goals, you will receive ADL branded swag.
Q: How do I form a team and what does that entail?
A: When someone starts a Team, they become the Team’s Captain. Teams can have as many or few members as you want, and there are no fundraising requirements. Captains can send their Team website link to friends, family and colleagues inviting them to join the 2020 Walk Against Hate.
Q: How can schools get involved with the Walk?
A: If you are an educator, school, or an ADL No Place For Hate partner, you can register here. You will be provided with a toolkit that has sample lesson places, tips and tricks, and may other resources. We encourage you to choose the option that works best for your school.
For additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.