This newly formed Activist Group is focused on strengthening ADL’s local presence and community impact. Working closely with ADL’s regional team, participants will work to develop engagement opportunities, build partnerships, and implement educational programming throughout Long Island and Queens.
Your participation helps strengthen ADL NY/NJ’s work on Long Island/Queens, and your support as activists entails three main things:
- Programming: Organizing programs that educate our community on areas of ADL’s expertise including antisemitism, extremism, and fighting hate online.
- Relationship Building: Connecting with faith leaders, campus and school administrators, elected and law enforcement officials and community leaders to let them know about ADL’s work and resources. You can help ADL share how we can serve as a partner when individuals and communities are confronted with incidents of antisemitism and hate.
- Outreach: Members of this group will play a key role in increasing ADL’s visibility and presence on Long Island and in Queens/Westchester. Below are a few examples of how you can personally support ADL’s outreach efforts:
- Social Media: Becoming active on social media around ADL’s content, which means liking, commenting, and sharing ADL’s posts on ADL Facebook and ADL LinkedIn, and liking and retweeting ADL’s tweets on ADL Twitter.
- School Outreach: Sharing ADL content with school administrators and/or Board Members. ADL’s education work ranges from free resources available at this link, to ADL’s community-wide No Place For Hate program, to intensive anti-bias and anti-bullying programs for students and/or educators. We would be happy to talk with schools about what we can offer.
- Synagogue Outreach: Encouraging synagogues to join the region’s Signature Synagogue Program, a network of synagogues across New York and New Jersey that ADL is equipping to fight hate.
For more details, we encourage you to view ADL’s recent Long Island Activist Group information session here.
For questions or more information, please contact Amelia Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.