ATTENTION COLLEGE AND GRADUATE STUDENTS:
The ADL New York / New Jersey Region’s Internship Program provides professional development training for college and graduate school students seeking real-life experience in the non-profit sector. It is an unpaid internship with the opportunity to receive college credit and/or community service credit.
ADL is the world’s leading anti-hate organization. Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of anti-Semitism and bigotry, its timeless mission is to protect the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment for all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. A global leader in exposing extremism, delivering anti-bias education, and fighting hate online, ADL is the first call when acts of anti-Semitism occur. ADL’s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.
The ADL New York / New Jersey Region office, overseen by Regional Director Evan Bernstein, serves New York State, Northern and Central New Jersey with anti-bias education programs, advocacy work, and interfaith/intergroup initiatives.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2019 interns.
Please fill out the form below and attach your resume for consideration.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Regional Operations Internship:
- Shadow the respective manager and designated colleague(s) to gain a real-world work experience and a greater understanding of ADL’s work related to combating anti-Semitism, building interfaith partnerships and various initiatives with members of the law enforcement community
- Read print and electronic media outlets connected to ADL’s mission
- Under direct supervision, conduct research, prepare memos and letters and draft meeting minutes in order to gain experience in the implementation of community service work
- Participate in special projects in the fields of civil rights, international affairs, education and management
- Create and manage contact information lists
- Assist with processing expense reports and managing grants
- Assist with creating and compiling materials for programs, events, and presentations
- Assist with the development and coordination of regional cultivation and fundraising events.
- Help to maintain donor files and record keeping through Microsoft Excel and our Donor software database.
- Assist with stewardship and follow-up of donors, outreach to ADL’s “community” donots
- Conduct research on foundation and corporate prospects, peer organizations, and funding opportunities.
- Assist in the production of special events
- Provide administrative support to the regional education team:
- Serve as a liaison to No Place For Hate Coordinators
- Maintain lists for periodic communications to clients and potential clients
- Respond to program inquiries via email
- Socialize ADL’s Education resources via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Identify and capture participant impact stories for integration in educational content and funding proposals to expand educational programming
- Student in undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Interested in ADL’s mission
- Available to work approximately 2-3 days/week with flexible hours
- Volunteer/community service experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Research and analytical skills
- Quick learner, demonstrates initiative, team player
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to complete advanced formatting, layout, and mail merge tasks
- Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data in Excel
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment e.g. fax machine, phones and photocopier
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Professional demeanor
Preferred but not required
- Previous internship experience
- Leadership role at university club/group